Pages

Monday, October 21, 2013

swiftly painted challenge - october

in september i was invited to participate in the Swiftly Painted Self Portrait Challenge, created by AnnMarie at The Simply Swift Blog and Jess at The Iris.  oh, how exciting!  one of the reasons i am blogging is to interact with people on the internet who are not a) comment trolls, b) acquaintances from high school/college who lead more exciting lives than me and post about them on facebook, and c) my mom.  (i won't count the people in my tv because technically they are not on my internet.  wait.  i almost exclusively watch netflix and hulu via my wii.  so i guess i lied.)  like a good sloth i have waited until (almost) the last few days to participate in this month's challenge, but i am here!  (i have had a lot of stuff going on lately, so it's not all sheer laziness - more in a another post.)

here's october's promt:
Reflect and respond to this statement: your followers follow you willingly. Create an image of what describes you as a blogger. Bonus points for little clues about what’s going on in your life.

well, i'm not really aware that i have any followers as of yet, and that's ok.  i do appreciate every time i see the little counter on my blog stats register another visitor.  but i still feel like i'm just starting out and also i'm not intending this to be any more than a place to call my own and, as i mentioned, have some interaction between like-minded individuals.  my blog isn't the prettiest, the most crafty, the funniest, the most stylish, or the smartest, and i'm not trying to be that.  i guess the goal i have for it is to be real.  it's just moments of me on a screen for the world to look at and take it for what it is.  it's pretty much how i live my life, just doing my thing like a chicken wing.  i will be that girl wearing a tiara around town on her (33rd) birthday, i will be the girl in sweats at target (or sometimes i dress up!), i will be the girl posing in her backyard taking iphone photos and not quite getting it right, i will be the girl who a bird poops on and post a picture of it because i think it's funny.  of course i'm cautious of what i put on the internet - you have to be - but i don't think i have any designs towards pretentiousness, and i'm not easily embarrassed (my one gift from anxiety - you'd think it'd have had the opposite effect, but when it's bad it's "honey badger don't care" bad and that's kinda grafted itself to my personality).


here's my photo for october's prompt.  i took this a few minutes ago.  there's me on the couch, laptop in lap, fresh out of the shower, soup bowl not put in the sink like a non-lazy person, clutter on the table.  this is how i roll and how my blog rolls.  i put a nice filter on it because, i like to pretend i make pretty pictures, and there's a pillow on the chair that i recovered during one of my crafty bouts.  and yes that is a sheet covering the most hideous chair possibly imaginable because what else would you put on it?  i like to keep it classy, said the girl with a turbie twist on her head. 

now, if you'll excuse me, my manager at work found some cherry amaretto coconut bliss at one of the area's health food stores and it has been a gigundo amount of time since i last had that in my mouth, so this needs to happen pretty much now.



The Simply Swift Blog


No comments:

Post a Comment